Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween at ZooBoo

The weather was gorgeous this past Sunday so we jumped in the car and headed off to the Pittsburgh Zoo for their annual ZooBoo. The kids wear their costumes, and are given treats at various stations around the zoo. It was such fun to see the creativity of some of the costumes!

Here's the view we took in that day:

This got my vote for most creative - a skier complete with ski lift! You could tell he loved it too.

These guys were good sports, I thought. I'm pretty sure that's a monkey on their back.

We called this one "Lazarus, come forth!"

Not a costume, but the real thing - this grizzly was awesome, take a look at those claws!

The zoo had a baby elephant born recently, and it was fun to see him with his mama, who was huge!

Jeremy, Leslie and Landon together - we rarely get a photo of all of them.

The entire crowd was watching the elephant poop - I loved hearing all the kids eughhh and aawwhhh! It was actually pretty amazing, and probably a good animal science lesson.

We thought this black bear eating a pumpkin was adorable. He looked like he should be on a fall poster or something. I didn't know bears eat pumpkins!

Mama Leslie with Landon the elephant. He seemed to enjoy wearing his costume.

Landon didn't realize til this moment that he actually got treats. You can bet we have treats ready for him tonight - including playdoh, little cans of pop that look like mummies, goldfish, story books - he should make out like a bandit at our house.

Too adorable to put into words... Happy Halloween everyone!

8 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

LOVE the great fall weather and all the cuties in costumes. And I'm glad I don't have the job of cleaning up after the elephants. Thanks for the reminder!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Wonderful pics at the zoo, Bev. Landon makes a great elephant. What a charmer!

Happy Halloween!

Love and hugs,

Diane

elizabeth said...

I love that last picture of Landon. For some reason I just adore seeing my granddaughter from the back - I think it just accentuates the fact that they really are still little.

Unknown said...

How FUN!!!

Barb said...

Cute, cute, cute! That last photo just melts my heart - cutest baby elephant I've ever seen. :-)

Susanne said...

What a fun day. The crowd with the pooping elephant made me laugh. At the zoo in the big city around here the tigers and the elepahnts also love the pumpkins.

Betty said...

Happy Halloween to you too! Very nice pictures!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Aww . . . what a cutie! The pix are all great. Looks like a very fun time. I especially like the bananas in pajamas, complete with the monkey on the back. What a riot!