Monday, November 24, 2008

Tortilla Soup

I'm actually not here, but thought I'd share this recipe anyway. In a few days you're going to have a lot of turkey left. Here's something to do with part of it - Tortilla Soup. I don't have a recipe, but you don't really need one - here are the basics:

Ingredients:

1-2 cups of chopped turkey
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can any kind of beans, drained or not
1 can chopped green chilis (if you like)
1 packet of chili seasoning mix
some water

Mix them all together in the crockpot and let it simmer all day on low. This should be pretty soupy, not real thick. When you're ready to serve, take a handful of tortilla chips and crush up a bit in the bottom of each soup bowl. Ladle some soup over the chips. Top with a handful of shredded cheddar cheese, and a dollop of sour cream. I serve corn bread, drizzled in butter, on the side.

Yummy - I promise your family should eat this up!