Monday, January 5, 2009

Smile-Generators

Here's what's making me smile today:
The latest issue of Southern Living arrived. During winter in the East, anything southern warms my heart.

The fridge shelves are cleared of all the holiday leftovers.

Turkey bean soup simmering away in the crockpot, for a yummy supper tonight.

I found time to 'wash that grey right out of my hair'. Much better!

Chicken noodle soup, peanut butter crackers and water to make up for the extra sodium all three of my lunch items are packing. One of my favorite lunches in the world.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - the most delicious book, recommended recently by a dear friend. She was right - I could just eat it up, if I didn't have a yummy lunch already.

And finally, another use for my verse rocks. Perfect way to hold my lunchtime reading open!

P.S. That would be a little bumblebee you see inside my soup bowl :-)

P.S.S. My apologies to my sister, Barb who cross-stitched my bookmark. It's showing the remnants of a few lunches before today!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I smiled just reading this. It warmed me all over.

That sounds like a book I need to write down on my list.

Jen said...

Sounds like a great lunch time. I like that lunch too.

Gretchen said...

I agree with Becky...warmed me all over, too. We have chicken noodle soup in the crock pot for tonight. :)

Must be a soup kind of a day.

Enjoy your book!

Barb said...

I remember making those bookmarks! Years ago. I wonder if I still have that pattern...hmmmm.

Your little verse rocks are adorable. :-)

Kelly said...

Yum- soup and a good book on a cold rainy day. Sounds cozy, and like a good idea for me today!
Love the idea of holding down the pages with a stone while you
eat:-) Multitasking at its finest!