Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Knitting with Funny Faces

It's been a gift to me, knitting these little purses. What started out as a scarf with a button closure ended up being these, after I ran out of yarn halfway through the scarf. Five little purses for five sweet friends. After almost fourteen years with them, it's my last Christmas here and I wanted to give each of them something special.

Each has a little felted wool pocket inside, seamed into two, to make finding keys and a cell phone easy.
I used two yarns together, and knitted an I-cord for the handles. My MIL's antique buttons added a cute touch to them. Just big enough for a few essentials, and the fact that most of them look like they have a little funny face is icing on the cake.

Good thing I determined to give them all away or I'd be darned tempted to keep a couple for myself. Gift cards to fishing and hunting stores are great, but a few girly gifts are pretty terrific to whip up too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I told my daughter we would learn to knit when she turned 10 ( I have 21/2 years to wait). Your daughter, homespun living, and you are my inspiration! Enjoy your last Christmas with your sweet friends!
Blessings,
Jana

Linda said...

What a wonderful job you've done Bev. You are doing so well with your knitting. Your friends are going to love them! I can't think of anything more precious than a handmade gift.

Chris said...

Those are adorable, and very creative with the button embellishments!

And just wondering, how did you affix the wool pocket inside?

Kelly said...

You are so clever- what great gifts for your friends:-)