Thursday, January 21, 2010

Toots and Bedtime Prayers and Such

Reasons to hang out with a little person:

'Toots' are funny, and frequent.

Listening to their bedtime prayers is priceless:  'Dear God: Thank you for my family and friends, and Momma and Daddy, and Papa and Grammy, and Smokester, even if he's a scoundrel, and Miah and Bull. Please help Momma and Daddy come back soon from their 'sweethearts at the beach' vacation. Amen."

You get to go see the Squeakquel to Alvin and the Chipmunks, even when you're 50+.

You have a refreshed appreciation for your adult children, who are busy raising your grandchildren. Thanks, God for the reminder to express that appreciation.

'Toots' are funny, and frequent. I already said that but they're frequent enough to warrant repeating.

After spending the entire day with them, you, too sleep like a baby.

5 comments:

Glenda said...

Absolutely LOVE this!! Makes me smile and remember the good times I've had with our GRANDS! Wish they lived closer.

Tonight my 8-yr-old granddaughter said to her mom (who told her to turn off the TV): "My life is the perfect graveyard for buried hopes."

She's reading Anne of Green Gables!

Unknown said...

Ha! I love it. Those little toots are so much more fun. Everytime they happen there are giggles all around.

And oh my goodness! The drama ... did you read Glenda's comment. Hilarious! That girl has a future!!

Robin said...

So delightful! I think it should be a requirment that every person has to spend at least an hour a day with a little person every day. Woudn't the world be a happier place?

Ms. Kathleen said...

Love this post. It brings up so many memories. I had an email through flickr from a lady doing her thesis on my old neighborhood in CA - they tore all the houses down... She sent me copy of the dvd she made. I'll never see that old has again as it no longer exists but I do have my memories.

My Purpose: said...

This is an ADORABLE post! I'm a little biased, but it really is so, so sweet! Why does he have to grow up!?!

Thanks again for loving him so much!

xoxo