Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just Hate Me and Move On...

This is where I'm at right now. With my freshly retired better half.

See Don, See Bev - that's us, the two thin, fit people further down the beach. We're up early running our mandatory five miles barefoot in the sand, to keep our calves perfected toned. You just can't start your day any other way. No way can you just lie in bed, ridiculously late, then waddle off to the breakfast buffet. You absolutely will not find us sitting under those tiki umbrellas, being blissfully lazy.

That's me - absolutely me - lying in the hammock. But only because I needed a little rest from all that beach running. I managed to fit in 2,000,000 sit ups in the past nine months. I'm thinking of the yoga exercises I'm going to do as soon as I get out of this hammock.



So sweet - Don asked these guys to sing us a song or two, and we understood every single word. So we just started singing along, and they told us our pronunciation was spot on! If I wear one of those outfits, I'm going with the striped pants, because they're so slimming.




We're busy swimming laps up and down every single foot of these pools. It's nice that they're connected so we can do that. I'd never want to just hang onto the side of the pool, waiting for someone to bring me a little drink with an umbrella tucked in it. Or claim one of those poolside lawn chairs that barely dips into the water so you never get too hot. Just lie there reading some meaningless novel. I'd much rather swim up and down, up and down.


We figured after Don had worked for 33 years, it was okay to head down to Mexico for a week, as long as we worked at it - no goofing off, no sirree!

We absolutely are not going to eat a lot of fattening food, sip cold drinks, sleep in, walk the beach, dance in the evenings, check out the snorkeling in Cozumel. Not on your life. It's all work for us.

13 comments:

Susan said...

I love your attitude!!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation - you've both earned it. But remember to keep moving!

Unknown said...

Ha! I love it too. And since I know you are just about arriving right now ... I hope you have the BEST time ever. You have BOTH earned a little R and R I think. And a respite from this very mean Pennsylvania winter. Enjoy!

Barb said...

Sometimes I just want to smack you. LOL

I've been thinking about you two all day long, thinking about where you were in the sky, when you were arriving and I'm pretty sure that right about now you two are getting ready to go the 5 star restaurant at this resort and have a fabulous meal. And then you only have six whole more days to enjoy this well deserved vacation.

Like I said. Sometimes I just want to smack you. (Kidding. I'm kidding!) There's no way, none, nada, that I'm jealous. xoxo

Linda said...

I'm so relieved to hear that. If you had been just goofing off I would have been terribly disappointed!
Love this post Bev. Have a wonderful, ridiculously lazy, fun time.

Gretchen said...

I know it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. ENJOY!!!!

Sarah said...

You are crazy.
:)

Susanne said...

I thought I recognized you guys in that pic. LOL.

Enjoy every minute!

MotherT said...

Enjoy yourself. Remember your sunscreen. Have a wonderful time celebrating being retired!

Cheri said...

Our oldest son got married in Playa del Carman last summer. The most relaxing vacation I have ever had.

I have a new found appreciation for Mariachi bands - they aren't cheesy after all- they are really good musicians (at least the ones I heard).

Have a wonderful time!

Kelly said...

Slaving away, poor things:-)

Karen said...

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

Muffy's Mom said...

You are so funny Bev! I just LOVE this blog! I hope you & Don are laying by the pool, sipping pina coladas, eating all you want, reading a good book, trying not to get sunburned & most of all, NOT EXERCISING!!!
Susan D.