Thursday, January 1, 2009

This Little Piggy Went to Market....

8:00 am - make 30 cinnamon donuts with Leslie and Jeremy and Landon, eat too many of them along with fruit salad, orange juice and scrambled eggs with cheese. The birds got the leftover donuts.

3:00 p.m. - shrimp with cocktail sauce, queso and chips, sausage, cheese and cracker tray, veggie with dip tray, barbequed meatballs

4:30 p.m. - the girls sneak off to Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha and great conversation, while the men watch football and the little one naps

7:00 p.m. - ham, turkey, baked beans, green bean casserole, fruit salad (again), black eyed peas, Sister Schubert's rolls

8:30 p.m. - apple pie with peppermint ice cream

10:00 p.m. - bubble bath with book, then crawl to bed, too full to do anything else.

Good thing none of us made a resolution involving weight loss!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Peppermint Frap! I forgot to get one before it is too late. I hope they have them tomorrow.

Your day sounds great. Family, food, fun.

Ours was much quieter. Lots of football, a big pot of ham and bean soup, and one more day without our boys.

Happy New Year!

Jen said...

I bought peppermint ice cream this year and loved it. So good. Sounds like a great day. I spent the day with my dear mom...and loved it.

Susanne said...

LOL! Sounds like a wonderful day to me. I did sweet nothing. My cooking went as far as bacon and berry pancakes at noon and that was it.

Happy New Year, Bev!

gail@more than a song said...

I missed getting a Peppermint mocha this year! Closest starbucks is 90 miles from me but am going that way this week so maybe just maybe I can get one! Will have to see if my small store has peppermint ice cream, might be a good substitute.