Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sweet Home for Sweet Family

I've had several people ask me how our daughter, Leslie and her husband, Jeremy are doing in their house hunt.

They got one! Finally!

If you'd like to take a peek, you can go here. Maybe more amazing than that they finally found a house perfect for them, Leslie has re-emerged in the blogging world with two posts, in two days. She tells me we can expect future posts with photos of Landon in them. Just yesterday, for maybe the first time, I saw that he looks a little bit like her. The taller and thinner he grows (although using the word 'thin' is a stretch) the more I can see her in him.

I've told her she has to blog again, before we move away, so I know for sure we'll have regular updates, with photos, of what's going on with them.

And, and - son, Dan arrives later tonight for a visit with us. Sadly, Janae isn't able to make the trip due to some conflicting schedules. We're excited to have him, sad she can't make it and feeling badly for both - they'll be apart on Valentine's Day. I told Dan he was my Valentine for many years growing up (a tradition we had at our house), so I may need to run to the store before this weekend. The boy doesn't like chocolate but he does like Bass Pro cards....

Kids coming - that means I need to bake some banana bread (another tradition) and probably some girl cookies (no nuts, a joke given to me by my big sister).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh ... have FUN! Sounds like a good excuse to cook, cook, cook.

Michele said...

Enjoy your time with your "Valentine"!

Kelly said...

Girl cookies- now that is funny!

Barb said...

I was wondering if she'd start blogging again before you and Don move away. Good for her! I'm off to check out her latest posts now.

The whole "boy - girl" thing started with divinity, but it works with cookies too. :-)

Sarah said...

I barely caught the girl cookies joke--you're a mess :)

Gretchen said...

I'm so excited for you. Updates and valentines, and all.

My Purpose: said...

Thanks for sharing our happy news! Love ya!
xoxo